; World of Dennifer: Conclusion of the table runner saga...

Monday, December 14, 2009

Conclusion of the table runner saga...

So, IDK if you remember the saga of my monogrammed table runner?! Well, I ended up canceling my order with SD Gifts & they issued me a full refund. The lady even said I will still receive my order, but yeah...still.have.not.received.it. I digress. I got over the fact that they have horrible customer service & just ordered the Linden Street Hemstitch Table Runner in white from JCP. And guess what? They monogrammed it & shipped it two days later (ahem, SD Gifts) & it was on sale & I had a $10 off coupon, so I got it for HALF the price of the other table runner, including shipping!

I am sooo happy we finally got the runner (sorry it's still wrinkled in these pics - I just wanted to see how it looked on the table...I promise I will iron it ASAP), b/c now I can debut my DIY Centerpiece:


 
 
(please excuse the disorder of my kitchen in the background - EMBARRASSING! :o/)




This was my inspiration from BHG:




I followed these directions on the BHG website & it was pretty easy! I got the ribbon ($3.99 on sale), boxes  (about $1.99-$3.99) depending on the size & the scrapbook paper from Michaels, and got the cake platter from HomeGoods for $16! Making the bow stay how I wanted it was the hardest part of this project, but it was worth the effort - I think it makes my table look so festive & pretty!

I also added somegingerbread men towels (also from HomeGoods) for just a touch more Christmas int he room!

 

What do you think of my DIY  centerpiece? Does it even look remotely close to the BHG version?! Hope you like it & try it out - it's really easy!

Linking Up to the DIY Show Off Holiday Highlights blog party & Somewhat Simple's Strut Your Stuff Thursday!








1 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i love how simple and cute that is!