; World of Dennifer: So very thankful...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

So very thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just thought I'd drop in {late, sorry!} to wish everyone a great day & get down just how thankful I am for everything I have in my life! I know I am guilty of being so busy & always running around that I rarely take enough time to reflect on everything I have to be thankful for. Not that I take anything for granted, I just don't reflect on it & write it down regularly enough. But, God has truly blessed me with so many great people & things in my life & I am thankful! So, in honor of this wonderful holiday & in no specific order, I am thankful for...

My friends & family and their health & happiness:
At my little sister's graduation in June - from left: my mama - Cathy, my God-bro - Mike, Me, my little sis - Kim, my little bro - Rasheed & my God-sister - Natiya

Me & my close girlfriends & sorority sisters at my baby shower - from left: Jen, Shannon, me, Haliya, Mildred, Amanda, Kristin

Our home & everything we have been able to do to fix it up this year:

My job, even though it is stressful & annoying at times...overall I love what I do & I absolutely love {most of} the people I work with!
Me & my work boo's at my work baby shower :) - from left: Sarah, Devona, me, Elease, Britt

The troops still fighting overseas who aren't with their families today & those who were injured or lost their lives fighting in the war on terrorism.

And finally, I am SO SO Soooo thankful for my wonderful husband & our precious baby girl, who is truly a miracle & a blessing to us {& my fat dog too, who's not pictured}:
Taken this evening - yes, I know she's getting big now!

I realize that I still need to post her newborn pics & I promise, I will soon, but I just thought I'd share the latest pic of these 2 with her Baby's 1st Thanksgiving bib on! I love them both so much! And last, but definitely not least...I am very thankful for all of my Nest/Bump & blog friends - you have all shown me so much support over the past year & I hope I have shown all of you the same.

Tomorrow is another one of my favorite days of the year - Black Friday!! Last year the hubbs & I camped out at Target to get a big 'ol TV for the "man cave" in the basement," but this year he's going it alone since I'll have the little one. I love Black Friday because I love getting great deals & this year I have seen SO many awesome deals on everything from bar tables and stools to TVs and DVDs! Happy shopping to those of you braving the crowds this year!

Coming up soon on the World of Dennifer: I have some big house D&R news to share soon - we are taking on a BIG project in the spring & I'm starting to do research & plan it out now; also, I'll be posting her newborn & 1 month photos, along with something I've seen other mommy bloggers do & always found helpful - my list of mommy must haves; and, starting the first week of December, I'll be getting back to the gym & back on Weight Watchers, so I'll be chronicling my journey to lose the 20'ish pounds of baby weight I still need to get off.

So, what are all of you thankful for? I'd love to hear your list - please leave me a comment or link to your blog post. 'Till next time!

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving with your family. Baby girl is so stinkin cute! I love the picture with her and her daddy.

I love this time of year when we can reflect on all our blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

Life Happens said...

Where did you get that purple dress for your shower??? I need to find a dress for my shower in January. I love purple.