; World of Dennifer: The hubbs BIG 3-0!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The hubbs BIG 3-0!

Well, it's all over...and I must say, the hubbs had an awesome last two birthday weekends! Yep, I said TWO. We celebrated both weekends with friends & family. Last weekend, I took him out for dinner & threw him the surprise party & this weekend, I threw something small for friends that couldn't make it last weekend & for family. It was so much fun. And he was actually surprised, woot!

So last weekend, we started our evening out at the Westin, which was sooo nice! I loved it & so did the hubbs! He was so surprised & excited when I told him that we were leaving the baby with my sister & checking into a hotel for the night.

@ the hotel

After we got settled in, we headed over to Rosa Mexicana & had some yummy Mexican & shared a whole pitcher of sangria - yum!


I gave him a $100 gift card for a deep tissue massage at dinner, which he loved. I'm actually kinda jealous even though I bought it for him, lol. I need a massage so bad. I kept saying that I get a pre-natal massage when I was pregnant, then the babe came, so yeah that never happened. I NEED one very soon though - I know my muscles are all tense! I digress. So anywho, after dinner, I told him that I wanted to take him to this bar I really liked, so we walked over - little did he know, a bunch of our friends (including his cousin/best man who came up from 3.5 hours away!) were waiting for us. We walked into the bar & the lady asked if we had reservations or if we were walk-ins. The hubbs started to say walk-in, but I quickly said reservation (I told him I made reservations b/c the bar gets packed). The hostess almost gave it away, but I settled my tab with them, then we walked in & most of our friends were there waiting!! It was awesome, he was sooo surprised. Too bad I didn't get a picture of his face when he walked in! Here are a couple from the bar though:

Confetti!

Since this was our first baby-free night since AJ was born the night was still young, we decided to head over to another bar/restaurant with some friends after several hours at bar #1. :) This bar had a mechanical bull & everything. After a few hours there though, I was exhausted. I'm talking 'bout to fall asleep in my food sleepy, so I said goodbye to everyone & D walked me back to our hotel room around 1am. I then passed out, but told him that he should go back out & hang out some more - so, they all went to yet another bar! I didn't even hear him come in, but he said he came in at like 3am or something like that! Then we slept in without waking up in the middle of the night. It was glorious, but I missed my baby badly by the time morning came around, so after we checked out, we made a quick pit stop for some hot Krispy Kreme Donuts.

::cue hallelujah music::

There's only one Krispy Kreme in the area & my sister lives by it, so we just had to stop. :) It was delish! Then we picked up my boo, who was sooo happy to see here mama & daddy. And I survived for a whole night without her. I missed her like crazy, but we enjoyed our night out together!

Then, just this afternoon, we had some friends & family over that couldn't make it out last weekend to round out the big 3-0 celebration!

Baskin Robbins ice cream cake = ahhh-mazing

My dad came to today's get together & brought AJ's high chair that we have been waiting on - I can't wait for the hubbs to out it together, although my munchkin isn't on solids yet. As soon as my dad came in, he said hi to everyone & made a beeline for "his baby". She loves how silly her grandpa is!
 

She's such a ham for the camera now, hahaha. Isn't she getting big!? And keeping her mama busy, which is my usual excuse for my lack of regular blogging, but I really am gonna get back on the wagon. And now that spring is in the air, I'll be doing more DIY projects, including a desk refinish/makeover, a spring/summer wreath (my DIY initial wreath from last year kinda fell apart because of last summer's heat wave) & a few small projects around the house. We also have a couple major projects that we plan to tackle - our goal is to get all of our projects in this house done ASAP so we can buy a bigger, "forever" home in the next few years. Our little family is quickly growing too big for our 2 bedroom townhouse. Oh & I have gotten started on my 12 weeks to better photography project, I just need to write up a post for the first lesson. And of course, I'll continue to update on all things little munchkin' - I love that baby sooooo much, she's our whole world. :) PS - my baby buying obsession has NOT ended, I think I'm going to start weekly or monthly what I'd like to buy for my AJ this week/month series. Anyways, stay tuned & thanks for sticking around thru my blog slacking period. 'Till next time!

0 comments: