; World of Dennifer: Baby shower #2 recap & pics!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby shower #2 recap & pics!

Hey there everyone! Just stopping in to post an update on my "main" baby shower thrown by my older sister & a few close friends. They did a great job & there was such a good turn out, I think at least 25 people, but probably more showed up! And Baby J is a spoiled little girl already - we got lots of great stuff, including (follow links to the actual items/colors we got): the Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller, the Graco SnugRide Infant Carseat, the Graco SnugRider infant carseat stroller frame, the Fisher Price Rock & Play Sleeper (we plan to use it as her bassinet next to our bed for the first few months), the Diaper Genie II, Boppy pillow + "Sprinkles & Cupcakes" Boppy Slipcover, the Cloud B Sleep Sheep sound machine, the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Glow Seahorse (sent to us by the hubb's co-worker), a cute diaper wreath handmade by one of my good friends, bottles, pacifiers, clothes, diapers, baby wipes, towels, wash cloths, books & SO much more. Our friends & family were definitely more than generous to us & we are so greatful to have each of them in our lives. The hubbs & I had so much fun & I was so exhausted by the end of the day!

The shower had a cupcake theme & it all turned out so lovely. Here are some of the big day's details & pics:

The invites - hopefully you can see just how cute they are (click to enlarge) {sorry for the bad editing job, I did it from my work computer}:
Front - that's me, Baby J & the hubbs!

Back

Make your own cupcake favors:

Gift area:

The hubbs & I at the cute cupcake table:

Playing the string around the belly game, the hubbs guessed my measurement too big so I was "choking" him Homer & Bart Simpson-style, lol:

Opening gifts:
It says "I Love Daddy Soooo Much," so I made him display it, lol. :)


Since I had a cupcake cake instead of a regular cake, I pulled the first cupcake off in lieu of cutting the cake, lol. Such a cute idea:

The 'rents & I (excited grandparents-to-be):

My dad, me & the hubbs:

Whew. There are many many more pictures, but I couldn't put all of them in this post. We have almost everything we need now, we just need to pick up a couple of other things, like the monitor, her bathtub & a few other necessities. And we have made a lot of progress in the nursery, the hardware for the window treatments should arrive today..eeek & then we can finish off the room!!! I can't wait to show you guys the finished project! Oh & I am all done with my fall decor, I'm just waiting on a sunny day to take some good pics, which does not seem to be happening around here lately! So sit tight, it's all coming soon. 'Till next time!

1 comments:

Life Happens said...

What an awesome shower!! I love your hair! And the purple dress. I'm so glad you guys got everything you needed.