; World of Dennifer: Beach trip canceled...BUT

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Beach trip canceled...BUT

I am going to pretend like I'm still on vacation & treat myself to a massage, then Dennis and I are going to a fancy dinner on Saturday!! Also, since we won't be out of town, I am going to go shopping for the last few items I need to finish up my kitchen!! I need something to go over top of the cabinets on the wall, new white balloon shade (saw cay-ute ones @ JCP) or tie up curtains for the window over the sink && what I am most excited about - my brand spankin' new over range microwave. I am going to ask my dad to come over & install it on father's day after dinner - is that horrible? LOL...he lives kinda far away & we are going to dinner close by my house so it would be good if he can just do it Sunday. :o) ::crosses fingers && anxiously awaits a call back from dad::

Seriously - it needs to be replaced, it's dirty & it's messed up so you can't read the display...you never know how long the food has left in the microwave. WORST of all it's black & ALL of the other appliances are "almond" which is a discontinued color, so I'm getting "bisque"...can't wait! Here is the type of model I'm looking to buy:


I need to also figure out my next DIY project, today I will search thru the bios & blogs of some of my fellow Nesties to get some inspiration, then maybe I can start that this weekend too! Any suggestions??

And finally, for father's day we are taking my dad to dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse & we got him a nice wedding album as a gift - he will be really excited. He LOVED everything about the wedding, lol. We got the same/similar albums for our moms on Mother's Day. We are alos giving him a final copy of the wedding DVD - finally got them from our very difficult videographer!



In other news, we hung up both the sconces and wall art in the DR along with the wall art and framed photos in the LR - pics coming soon.

0 comments: