; World of Dennifer: Menu Planning Monday - March 15, 2010

Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Planning Monday - March 15, 2010

Wowza, I can't believe it's Monday again! Time flies when you're having fun right? I don't know if what I've been doing necessarily counts as fun - been SUPER busy at work & have had no time to Nest or blog! In any event, I am here to confess that last week's menu planning Monday was a epic FAIL. Out of my list, I only made the WW Pan-Fried Flounder. I am still going to definitely try to make the rest of the meals soon, but our weeks have just been so hectic!

What's that saying though? If at first you don't succeed, try try again....right? So, I am trying again with my third edition of Menu Planning Monday. hopefully I'll make most, if not all, of the meals this week!

  • Monday, March 15th: Spicy Chicken Alfredo (I am going to take a photo of this dish & post the recipe tomorrow), garlic bread.
    • Originally found this in my first-ever cook book my momma gave me - Sandra Lee's semi-homemade meals! It's amazing...seriously.
  • Tuesday, March 16th: Campbell's French Onion Burgers w/ cheddar cheese, tater tots, tossed salad.
    • Yummy in mah tummy good! We have made these once before & this one was a special request from the mister as we were grocery shopping this weekend. These are sooo good! And even better...they are quick & easy to make! We use whole gran or whole wheat buns & 2% milk cheddar cheese slices to lessen the fat content a bit. :o)
  •  Wednesday, March 17th: EMFH night!
    • Woot, no cooking! I try to give myself a break during the week.We actually have a neighborhood watch meeting this night, so it's best that we don't plan to cook.
  • Thursday, March 18th: Either BBQ baked or pan fried pork chops, rice, green beans.
    • I know, I know - fried is so bad for you...but we rarely eat fried foods, so I don't think there's anything with indulging every once in a while!
  • Friday, March 19th - Sunday, March 21st: Absolutely NOTHING...well, we will be eating, but I won't be cooking, hehehe. Our 1st anniversary is on Sunday - yay!!! I will be posting a little year in review later this week, but we are going on a mini-vacation up to New York from Friday-Sunday & I can't.freakin.wait. I've never been to NY & I'm looking forward to doing as much as we can in the 3 days, 2 nights we are there!  

Stay tuned the rest of this week for my New York trip plans - it would really be great if anyone from or familiar with NY gave me some pointers on must see/must do stuff! Good luck with any new recipes you try this week - if you decide to try any of mine, please let me know what you think. I promise if you hate it, it won't hurt my feelings...most of the recipes I use, I got from other people or from cook books. Happy Monday!

1 comments:

Leslie G said...

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know... You won my giveaway! See my blog for the details! =)