; World of Dennifer: Menu Planning Wednesday?! - March 24, 2010

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Menu Planning Wednesday?! - March 24, 2010

I know I have been a major slacker this week, but in my defense, we were out of town all weekend & didn't get back until Sunday night. Then, the hubbs & I spent some time together for our anniversary night - ate the top layer of our cake, which was surprisingly still AMAZing! Yum! I had to go to work on Monday & I don't even wanna talk about how crazy work has been lately, add to that, I'll be out of the office for two weeks in mid-late April, so all of my customers are anxious to get everything they have for me before then. So, needless to say, I didn't feel like cooking yesterday. But, last night I my husband was nice enough to cook dinner, using my recipe of course, lol. He's learning, which is a GREAT thing b/c that takes some of the cooking pressure off of me.

This week's menu will start with yesterday & go thru this Sunday coming up:

  • Tuesday, March 23rd:  Homemade Spaghetti & garlic bread.
    • I will take a photo of this & post my recipe sometime a little late this week. People L-O-V-E my spaghetti sauce - I got it from my momma. ;op
  • Wednesday, March 24th: Going to dinner with a girlfriend who's moving out of town.
  • Thursday, March 25th: Either BBQ baked or pan fried pork chops, rice, green beans. (Did not get a chance to make this last week).
    • I know, I know - fried is so bad for you...but we rarely eat fried foods, so I don't think there's anything with indulging every once in a while!
  • Friday, March 26th & Saturday, March 27th:  EMFH &/or date night!
    • We tend not to cook on Friday or Saturday since we either are not home, and if we are, we usually eat out. This will probably stop after we have children, but for now, that's our routine.
  • Sunday, March 28th: Sweet & spicy shrimp with mixed veggies, white rice. (Never got a chance to make it a couple weeks ago).
    • This is a WW meal out of a magazine I bought - it's super yummy & I added in the veggies on my own. I thought it was missing that element. I'll post the recipe & a pic of the actual dish this week after I make it! I know you will love it!


That's it for this week. I am going to try my hardest to actually remember to take pictures of the dishes that are my recipes. Hope everyone has a delicious week!

0 comments: