; World of Dennifer: Menu Planning Monday - March 8, 2010

Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Planning Monday - March 8, 2010

Hi there everyone! Just checking in for another edition of Menu Planning Monday! But first, I'll recap how last week went. I will admit, I am new at formally planning my menu ahead of time, sure I go to the grocery store & try to buy stuff to make for the next week or so, but I have never made a formal, written plan. Therefore, the Dennifers will likely go off course from time to time, but I am going to try hard to stick to the plan! Last week, I did make Gia's Chicken Puffs, which were amazing! So yummy & my hubby loved them too! I did not get a chance to make Ashley's Sloppy Joes, but plan on making them this week for sure. And we did breakfast for dinner last night instead of Saturday. Everything was so yummy, but I didn't take pictures. I promise to be more on top of it this week!

I also decided that since I post the menus on Mondays, that it makes sense to do the menus from Monday to Sunday, so this week's menu is from Monday, March 8, 2010 - Sunday, March 14, 2010. Using my Really Crafty Studio meal planner, this is the Dennifer menu for the week:


  • Monday, March 8th: Pan-Fried Flounder (I use tilapia, because it's easier to find at the store I regularly shop at), broccoli, Lipton chicken noodles.
    • As a former Weight Watcher, this is a recipe I have made many many times. My husband even loves it! He actually likes all of the WW meals I have made. If you like mild, white fish & want to try a new recipe, I highly recommend this one!
  • Tuesday, March 9th: Ashley's Sloppy Joes, tater tots, salad.
    • Since I never made it last week. :o/ Can't wait to try it!
  • Wednesday, March 10th: Every Man For Himself (EMFH) night!
    • Yay, off the hook from cooking!
  • Thursday, March 11th: Sweet & spicy shrimp with mixed veggies, white rice.
    • This is a WW meal out of a magazine I bought - it's super yummy & I added in the veggies on my own. I thought it was missing that element. I'll post the recipe & a pic of the actual dish this week after I make it! I know you will love it!
  • Friday, March 12th & Saturday, March 13th:  EMFH &/or date night!
    • We tend not to cook on Friday or Saturday since we either are not home, and if we are, we usually eat out. This will probably stop after we have children, but for now, that's our routine.
  • Sunday, March 14th: Double-Decker Shepard's Pie.
    • New recipe I found in the February edition of Rachel Ray's magazine (yes, I'm a subscriber!) & it looked good, so I decided to try it out. 
And that's it! ::drools:: Everything looks so amazing & I can't wait to try it all. I'll probably head to the grocery store tomorrow since I have all the ingredients for tonight's meal already. If you have any recipes on your blog that you'd like me to try out, please comment on this or any future menu planning Monday post with the link or shoot me an email at worldofdennifer@gmail.com. If I try it out, I'll post a  review along with a link to your page! Stay tuned today for my first installment on Mood Board Monday, being hosted by my Nestie/blog friend Sarah over at pewter+sage. Hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments: