; World of Dennifer: Okay, Menu Planning Monday, err Tuesday re-do!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Okay, Menu Planning Monday, err Tuesday re-do!


So, I finally nailed down the menu for this week using the Really Crafty Studio meal planner. This will likely be a short one for a few reasons: 1) I'm starting on Tuesday, rather than Sunday like a good menu planner should ::slaps self on hand:: (although I will list what we made/did on Sunday & Monday); 2) I'm going to dinner & happy hour this week with my girlfriends - one dinner "meeting" is for wedding planning for one of my friends, the HH is to meet up with some girlfriends I haven't seen in a while; 3) I have been feeling under the weather, so I have been making my hubby cook/run errands this week; and, 4) I have not gotten to the grocery store yet this week. But, since I'm furloughed from work, I figure I may as well go & get it done today. Oh & 1 last note about meals I make - I am a former Weight Watcher; lost 40 lbs on the program before my wedding & I still keep a close eye on what I put into my mouth, so most of my recipes are modified with light ingredients/modifications wherever possible. Almost all recipes can me made lighter by using reduced fat ingredients, cooking pasta dishes with whole grain pastas, etc.

So, that said, here is this week's menu plan (with my comments (if any) below in italics):
  • Sunday, Feb. 28th - French's Crunchy Onion Chicken, green beans, whole grain Velveeta mac & cheese
    • This meal is sooo simple & yummy. If you have never tried it, try it soon! Next time I make it, I'll take a pic to post what it actually looks like, hehehe.
  •  Monday, March 1st - Every Man For Himself (EMFH) night!
    • Yay, off the hook from cooking!
  • Tuesday, March 2nd - Chipotle night - YUMMY!!
    • One of my close friends is finally having the wedding ceremony she has been dreaming of for years (she got legally married last year). So, she, I & another friend are having an informal bridesmaid meeting to discuss wedding particulars, our schedules, etc.
  • Wednesday, March 3rd -  Gia's Chicken Puffs, side salad, Lipton Chicken Noodles side dish
    • I have never tried this recipe before & excited to try it. I have been following Gia's blog since November of last year & her food always looks so yummy!
  • Thursday, March 4th -  Ashley's Sloppy Joes, tater tots
    • OMG, the first time I saw these, I drooled. they look amazing & I can't wait to try it! The recipe looks quick & simple - just how I like it!
  • Friday, March 5th - Jen's HH night out with the girls!
    • The hubby will likely go to HH with a couple of his guy friends as well & we will both just eat apps @ the bar for dinner.
  • Saturday, March 6th - Breakfast for Dinner (B4D): scrambled eggs with cheese & onion, turkey sausage, hash browns
    • We haven't done the B4D thing in a while, so what better night than a relaxing Saturday to do it?!

So, using my Really Crafty Studio meal planner, I have listed everything I'll need to make these dishes in the "Grocery List" section, along with some extras for snacks & quick breakfast options that we can grab & go during the week. As I make these meals, I'll try to post pics or do a weekly recap of my reviews of the meals.

1 comments:

mrs.messi said...

Mmmm that food looks so good!