; World of Dennifer: 5 Question Friday!

Friday, April 16, 2010

5 Question Friday!

Hey everyone! If you are joining me for the first time this week, I have been working hard trying to get my new blog design launched & I'm happy to say (as you can see ;oP)...it is up & I LOVE it! Did you see the new Michaels gift card winner I announced yesterday - if it's you, hurry & contact me at worldofdennifer@gmail.com.

I cannot tell you how 'effing excited I am that the weekend is here. I can tell I'm domesticated b/c do you want to know what I am excited about this weekend? 1) getting an estimate for the yard work & power washing we need to get done (the guy will be here today to look around), 2) cleaning up the weeds that are beginning to grow in our front yard, 3) picking out annuals to plant & re-mulching the front flower bed, and 4) getting our state taxes done. Hahahaha - dork, right?! Man, what happened to the days about being excited about partying late into the night, going bar hopping, and shopping for a new weekend outfit? Le sigh. I guess that's what happens when you settle down & get married - I kid, I kid. Your priorities just change.

And speaking of priorities - this week I made a major decision to stop participating with a group that I have been involved with since college - I have been very involved for the last six years & it has been a major source of drama, anxiety & stress (basic cattiness) for my life, but I made the decision this week to not be involved anymore. I'm not a quiter, but I feel like I needed to do this for my sanity. People have crossed the line & it's not acceptable to me. It feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted & I can't wait to hand in my resignation letter (I hold an office) next month. In other stress reducing news, I'll be out of the office for the next two weeks for training, woot! I don't really like the classes, but I am happy to be out of the office & closer to my house!

Okay, okay, so enough about me...time for 5QF - the April 16, 2010 edition:


If any of my readers decide to participate this week, please comment on this post, I'd love to read your Q&A! Here goes....


1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life?
Hmmm, um well I don't use the word "bloggy", "woot", "le sigh", basically anything that people would look at me & go, "huh?!" LOL. I try to at least pretend I'm cool IRL. :oP

2. Do you still write checks?
 
Only for our gas, water, HOA (Home Owners Association) & electric bills. Oddly enough, these companies charge a fee for paying online in my area & our HOA doesn't have the option, so to avoid unnecessary/stupid fees, I write checks. Everything else we receive electronically & pay electronically...you know, tryna stay "Green." We even balance our checking account via an online spreadsheet that we both have access to - that was courtesy of my budget-obssessed, spreadsheet-lovin' hubby.

 
3. Who was your favorite President and why?
 
I am essentially liberal, but respect everyone's views & even agree with some conservative points in the whole political debate. Honestly, if I know someone who is really passionate about politics, then I try & just not talk about the topic too much when I hang out with them. I'd rather just not get into. But, my two faves are Bill Clinton & our current Prez - Barack Obama. Regardless of how he was as a husband, I think BC did a lot of good things for the country when he was president, granted I was quite young during his term. And Barack - well I work for the Government, so he's sorta my boss now ::winks:: :o) & I also just think he's such a provacative speaker & changed the way US presidential campaigns will be conducted in the future. His whole grassroots approach really worked out for him & so far, I think he's delivering what he promised during his campaign. Do I totally agree with the Healthcare Bill or (insert any other of his policies/proposed policies here) - no, but I can respect that he doesn't just talk about it, he be's about it, lol.

I also really wish I had been alive when JFK was president, I bet he'd be on my list as well - he seemed like an amazing man.

4. Are you a yeller?
Nope, not really. But if someone raises their voice at me, then I can get loud too.

5. Have you ever dumpster dived?
 

Bwahahaha. Yep, but not in the traditional sense of the phrase. My dad was p!ssed! My mom had just bought both my older sister & I real birthstone rings for Christmas. The realness of them was a big deal since I was like 11 or 12 & I didn't own any real jewlery before that ring. I believe & my dad took us out to lunch one day shortly after we got the rings (some fast food place). Well a couple hours after lunch, I noticed my ring was gone!! And since my mom would have killed me, I begged my dad to take me back to the restaurant & they let us go thru the most recently disposed-of trash bags & we actually found my ring! I know, needle in a hay stack, but it was worth it that day. Consequently, I ended up loosing the dang on ring again a few months later & my mom was then p!ssed. I was just too young to have real jewlery - that's all it boils down to. My mom never bought me any more jewlery until I was out of high school, hahaha.

Hope you enjoyed this edition of 5QF. Spring cleaning list & *hopefully* some front yard updates coming soon.

1 comments:

Life Happens said...

Great list. I agree about not talking politics around some people. It's also hard though living so close to dc, lots of people around here tell you what they think about the political climate. It can get pretty heated. I respected people's opinion because they're entitled to it, but I don't like arguing over it.