; World of Dennifer: 26 weeks - only 97 days left till my EDD!!!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

26 weeks - only 97 days left till my EDD!!!

O.M.G. I can't believe how quickly time is flying! I realize I say this every time I do a pregnancy post, but for realz - it's flying. I looked at my little Lilly Pie ticker today & I only have 97 days left until Baby J's EDD - double digits baby!!! Ahhhhh. She's still busy as ever moving away in there...still the size of an eggplant according to The Bump. Another little token of knowledge The Bump gave me today when I opened my email - I may start feeling Braxton Hicks contractions, which I'm sure will freak me out. It may sound crazy, but I still worry about this little girl - I'm sure that'll never change - but anytime I feel weird or something I haven't felt before, then I get worried about her! Not as worried as I was in the 1st tri or before I could feel her kicking & wiggling around in there, but still. I guess that's part of being a mom...which is AWESOME since I'm already a worry wart minus having my child to worry about. Sigh.

The bump also says that I need to:
  1. Schedule a tour of the maternity ward {where I'll deliver} - check...DONE!
  2. Pre-register with my hospital - umb, no one mentioned this to me?! I guess I'll ask my Dr. @ the next appointment.
Oh & I'm overdue (again, according to The Bump) on these tasks:
  1. Start interviewing pediatricians - guess I should get on that, huh?!
  2. Research private & public cord banking.
  3. Schedule a Glucose Tolerance Test - plan to complete on Wednesday...wish me luck!
And on my own list:
  1. Discuss maternity pics, select a date & find inspiration photos for little sis.
  2. Finish up DIY nursery projects (as of now, that's about 4 more left).
  3. Type up proposed maternity leave schedule & discuss with both my team leader & supervisor (we have briefly discussed it, but I wanna give them something in writing).
  4. Work on comprehensive Baby J to do list.
  5. Wash bedding & put on/in crib.

So I guess I need to get on the ball on a few things. I have also tasked the hubbs with researching College Savings Plans & bringing what he finds to me, so we can make a decision on what'll work best for our family & budget. Whew. Thankfully that list does not include figuring out daycare - my older sister has generously offered to be our nanny. She's a SAHM, so she says she doesn't mind & she'll be able to bond with her first & only niece! LOVE her. :) It's gonna be soooooo much easier for me to go back to work knowing our baby girl is being cared for by someone we know, love & trust and someone that we know will not harm her in any way. My sister is, unlike me, a very natural nurturer, must come from being oldest? IDK...but she's awesome with kids & I know she'll take great care of our LO.

Baby Center says the baby's network of nerves in her ears are better developed and more sensitive than before & that she can almost definitely hear outside voices in addition to mine. I definitely think she knows her daddy's voice, because anytime he puts his head down near my belly & talks to hear, she kicks for him. A daddy's girl already! They are totally forming an alliance against me, but it's cool because I know Dizz {my sweet doggie} will remain on his mama's side...he better if he knows what's good for him! Or maybe, he'll join the Baby J/Daddy alliance b/c I'm sure he & the baby will be BFFs, then I'll have no one on my side. Sigh. Outnumbered. Already. By way of symptoms, I am definitely feeling more achy towards the end of the day & I have been getting a lot more frequent heartburn. Last night it kept me up for a bit. It's not horribly unbearable, but it still hurts! I have also been having a lot more (tmi) gas - my poor hubby. And my ankles are swelling again - I assume from humidity & salt intake, so I'm laying down with my feet up resting now.

You guys will be proud/happy to know that my baby buying obsession is still in full effect. My newest purchase - that my hubby denied, but I just HAD to have so I bought it with my credit card. : ) We have a joint, but also separate checking accounts & one separate c/c each that we pay from our separate accounts...works very well for us. But I digress, I bought my little girl the most frivilous, but also the absolute cutest thing ever:

::giggle snort:: A-freakin'-dorable, right?! I love that it's 0-12 months, so she can wear it for her newborn pics, her monthly ones too possibly & for her first birthday!!! And the best part - I got it on babysteals for $35 & it's regularly $70, although on sale for $55 right now!! So now I want to try & make her a cute hair bow to go with it!

I also made the last of the really major purchases for her nursery! I got her bedding, toy storage tote & throw pillow/cover for her glider. I will be showing ALL of that + more off very very soon in my project nursery series. But, take my word for it - it's all super cute!

We went to visit the hubbs best friend/cousin this weekend who's wife just had a little boy & he's simply adorable:


He's so cute! Makes me even more excited to meet my little girl in 3 months. When he was crying, she started kicking - I think she's asking, "Mom, what the heck is going on out there?! I'm used to my fat dog brother's ridic barking, but not this - what is that????!!!" LOL.

And finally, my 26 week bump pics - I definitely think I look pregnant, but still don't think I've "popped" (the rounded belly effect). Sigh. When will it happen man!? Regardless, I'm fully in maternity or my husband's clothes, lol. Keep growing big & strong in there baby!! (Oh, & please excuse my crazy looking hair/face - we just got back home from a 3 hour drive back home - as you can see I heart those JD pajama pants of my hubby's, they = comfortable).

Clothed Belly:

Bare Belly:

And that's all I got - very exciting DIY & nursery progress posts coming up this week! 'Till next time!

1 comments:

Shanny said...

oooohhh look at that bump, you look great!
Good luck with the glucose test tomorrow, you'll be fine =) my fingers are crossed!