; World of Dennifer: Baby J to do list update - 09.08.10

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby J to do list update - 09.08.10

The weeks just keep flying by! I had a GREAT long weekend, we went to the VA Tech vs. Boise State season opener game on Monday & had a blast! Makes me wish I went to a big football school (we {George Mason University} are a basketball school), but since I'm from VA, I routed for VA Tech ::wink::. Unfortunately, they lost in the last minute of the game, boo. I definitely want to go to more college games soon - that was a blast.

Now on to my list...we got less done this week than in the past couple of weeks, but it's still coming along! I think I'm definitely slowing down, so it's making it hard for me to get too much done. I have been working on my fall decor a lot over the past week, but like I said in my last list update, I don't want to cross stuff off my list until it's completely finished - that way I'm not cheating. ;)

House Related:



  • Get gutters cleaned. 
  • Clean under the deck area; get rid of any debris in that area.
  • Buy new area rug for living room. -- We went to 3 different stores looking for a new rug this weekend, no luck. So I'm going to start scouring the internet this week.
  • Clean out front closet. -- Last week I mentioned wanting to get a cheap basket to put my winter scarves & gloves in. Instead of buying one, I just re-purposed a basket I had hanging out in my {in transition} craft/desk area in the basement.
  • Find (or make) & install valance over sliding glass door (not so sure this one will get done - depends on how much the valance I like will cost).
  • Mop hardwoods in all areas.
  • Organize pantry.
  • Make room in kitchen cabinets for baby stuff
  • Clean base boards throughout house.
  • Scrub walls where Dizz grease spots are --> LOL, yes my dog leaves grease marks in the areas where he always leans against the walls! What? Your dog doesn't?! Hahahaha. Who knows WTH is up with that..my dog is a weirdo - he gets bathed/groomed like every other month...promise!
  • Buy & have the hubbs put together Billy bookcase from Ikea in basement office area.
  • Clean out basement utility storage closet.
  • Buy iPod Clock/Radio for MB.
  • Find & buy *small* entertainment system for MB TV (this is a DH added to do, lol).
  • Do the fall decorating!
  • Steam clean Dizz grease spots where he lays on the carpet - just like on the walls for the stairs, if he lays in one spot a lot, the grease from his coat makes that spot on the carpet dirty...eww! 
  • ADDED: Install new toilet seat cover on powder room toilet. -- Our old one was damaged on the hinges for a while & then it came clear off during my birthday BBQ bash from all those people putting it up & down!

Baby J/Nursery Related: 

 
Baby J Stuff (in no particular order)- 
  • Buy onesie from our alma mater - she MUST have one since her daddy & I went to the same school...it's where we met!
  • Make appointment to meet with pediatrician & tour office.
  • Do hospital tour - Re-scheduled for September 16, 2010!
  • Take childbirth class - scheduled for September 26, 2010!
  • Pre-register with hospital. -- got the paperwork from my Dr. & I have filled it out & will turn it in during the hospital tour on September 16th.
  • Gather several recipes for frozen meals (to eat after baby gets here).
  • Buy a few nursing tanks, sports bras & lounge pants.
  • Return any stuff we get duplicates of; freecycle/donate {hand-me-down} clothes we won't use.
  • Pack hospital bag. 
  • Install car seat in my SUV & get installation inspected.
  • Cook freezer meals (between 35-37 weeks).
  
Nursery Stuff -

  • Measure & put in drawer liners in dresser/changer combo.
  • Hang curtains (on hold until we get the hardware in early Oct. :o( )
  • Put up remaining leaves/berries on tree & "blow" them around windows (also on hold until curtains are put up).
  • Hang framed "Beautiful" & "Miracle" [ReDeemed] Unique wall art (also on hold until curtains are put up).
  • Buy remaining frames for photo wall.
  • Buy TV for bookshelf - yes, we are putting a TV in the baby's room...it's more for us than the baby & we decided we wanted one in there for late night sessions with the babe. -- I think we decided to wait on buying the TV until Black Friday (to get a better deal), so next week I'll remove this item since it's not going to be done before the babe gets here.
  • Wash all clothes & blankets; put away in drawers.

Financial Related:
  • Make 529 (college savings) plan choice & get/read enrollment info. -- Read all the info - just need to make a final decision now.
  • Look into life insurance coverage & discuss/make any necessary adjustments.
  • Find out process for changing over health & dental insurance for the baby & I to the hubb's policy - we both work for the Federal Government & it was cheaper to have separate insurance until we had a little one, then switch to the family coverage. -- The hubbs called his HR representative today to ask about this & is awaiting a response from her.

M'wah Related:


  • Change name with electric company, school loans & long-term savings bank account (no, I still haven't done the name changes on a few accounts).
  • Get physical done at PCP.
  • Finalize maternity leave plan, type it up & submit it to my supervisor & team leader; put leave requests in time tracking system.
  • Order Thank You notes for shower gifts.
  • Get hair cut & straightened before due date. LOL, for some reason I want my hair straight when the baby's born (it's more manageable that way than in its natural CURLY state), so if I have time, I'm gonna try & keep it straight for the few weeks leading up to my due date.
  • Pick out design for birth announcements (so that I can order them soon after she arrives); make address labels for envelopes.

So we got five items fully completed & I have started on several others. Overall, I think we are still on track to get most, if not all, of the list completed! I will try to post this week's pregnancy update, the Project Nursery bedding selection & my fall decor plans this week, but my stupid work computer is infected or something, so our IT people took it & I need to get a  loaner until mine is all better. The problem with that is that it takes FOREVER to get a freaking loaner, which means I may have to go in this weekend & get some work done because I have done absolutely NOTHING due to my computer issues. Boooooo to computer viruses. They suck. On the plus side - the hubbs is going out of town on Saturday, so I don't really have anything to do anyways AND I get comp time that I can use during my maternity leave, woot! So hopefully I'll be back with all those updates soon! 'Till next time!

0 comments: