; World of Dennifer: New Friend & 5Q Friday - 7.9.10

Friday, July 9, 2010

New Friend & 5Q Friday - 7.9.10

Woo hoo, another Friday here!!! ::waves hi to all my new & long-time followers:: && welcome to anyone visiting for the first time from New Friend Fridays!


I am sooo happy this weekend is here! This week went by quick since it was a 4-day work week, woot! And it's gonna be a busy weekend - I now have one shower (that I'm co-hosting) & a surprise birthday party this weekend (one of the showers got postponed). I have been running around this week & today getting everything I need for the shower (I'm in charge of decor & games/prizes) & a gift for my friend's big 3-0 birthday party! The hubbs is getting on my nerves right now b/c I told him about this party a while ago & he said he had something to do, so he couldn't come...but now that something got canceled, but he's being a butt & is refusing to come. He's not doing anything else either - he says he "just wants to chill"...booo. Ugh, men are so difficult sometimes!

It's been HOT here in my area & I have been trying to stay my pregnant butt cool. Yesterday on my way home on the Metro (public transit - my job pays for it) there was no effing air conditioner on the train. I thought I was gonna die! I almost got off, but I was anxious to get home, so I just drank lots of water & fanned myself during the ride home.

Nothing else really important happened this week, but today I found the absolute cutest bean bag at Target on clearance for $7.48!! Can you believe that price?! I was not going to buy it, then I saw that price tag & couldn't resist, look at 'em:

He's sitting in the backseat on my car. Please excuse the crappy camera phone pic!

A freakin' owl bean bag - how perfect is that for Baby J's nursery?! Gotta love Target clearance racks!! Anywho, now on to 5QF! If you want to participate, head on over to My Little Life & link up (and let me know if you do, I'd love to read my reader's answers)!



1. What is one food you could eat everyday?
 
OMG, this may sound weird, but Won Ton soup from Chinese restuarants. I freakin' love that stuff! I have always liked it, but ever since I got pregnant, I can't get enough...so I guess Baby J likes it too, huh?!  I actually don't eat the pork inside the wontons, just the noodles & broth - yummy. :)

2. Are you working in the career you thought you would be when you were 18?
 
Ummm, heck no. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I love my job (I work in Acquisitions for the Government), but I think I wanted to be a lawyer when I was 18 & that's not happeneing. Grad school was enough for me, I don't think I could handle law school!

3. What is something that you wish you would have done when you were younger and you didn't?
 
Joined the Girl Scouts - I think my mom tried to get me in a few times, but apparently that was an in demand activity & there was a waiting list everytime she tried. OR maybe she just told me there was a waiting list so I'd stop bothering her, LMAO.

4. What color are your kitchen walls?
 
A light sherbert-looking orange...I believe it's Duron's orange burst. We still have lots we wanna do with our kitchen, like change out the countertops, re-do the cabinets (as you can see from the pic, they are sun damaged in some areas), add in a backsplash, replace the fridge (it's ancient) & change out the light fixtures. I think once we do all that, the kitchen color will look even better than I think it does now!

5. Do you remember what your very first favorite song was?
 
Nope, no clue - it may have been Luther Vandross' "Stop to Love" (click link for the music video)! My mom had the actual vinyl record when I was little & I used to listen to that song all the time & dance around. ;)

Now I have to run to get ready for my friend's surprise party before I'm late & ruin the surprise! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

3 comments:

furygirl3132 said...

Hello! I am a new follower from New Friend Friday, so glad to have found your blog. I look forward to reading more! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Girl Scouts was so much fun! I was a Daist and a Brownie when I was little and my mom was my troop leader. You should definitely get the little one into it when shes old enough. Maybe you can be her troop leader! Awwwww! :o)

Nicole said...

hi Jen! I love your blog! Congratulations on your pregnancy, I love the picture of the nursery, so pretty! Thanks so much for stopping by, I'm so happy to meet you and to be your newest follower!