; World of Dennifer: 5QF + weekly recap 7.2.10

Friday, July 2, 2010

5QF + weekly recap 7.2.10

Good morning! Let me tell you, I'm sooooooo happy today has finally come! Since I'm saving up all my annual & sick leave at work for maternity leave, I have not really taken off since finding out I was pregnant - or since February. Granted, between teleworking & getting every other Friday off (I work 9 hour days to make this happen), I only go into the office 3 days a week, but still...I needed a LOOOONG break & this weekend, I'm getting one!! Today is my Friday off and we are off Tuesday for the 4th of July holiday, so I'm really excited! I have lots planned for my to do list this weekend & I'll probably only get a small fraction of it done. But today is all for me - I am going to go shopping for some maternity jeans (mine are getting a bit snug) & maybe a shirt or two & I also hear that NY & Co. is having a really good sale right now, so I may stop by there & check that out. I want to also run by the nail salon & get a mani/pedi, which is always nice. :)

This week has been pretty uneventful, I have been running around at work trying to get lots & lots done because all of the project managers that I support are in & out of the office due to vacations, which is why I am so relieved to have this long weekend! I continued to feed my baby-buying obsession this week, but I'll save that for my weekly pregnancy & Project Nursery post. Since this week has been mostly blah, I'll stop boring you now & move on to 5QF!

If you want to participate, head on over to My Little Life & link up (and let me know if you do, I'd love to read my reader's answers)!


1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
I just enjoyed being carefree & not having any bills or worries, lol. I mean, I love being a grown up & I'm excited to be a mama, but yeah no bills & no job would sometimes be awesome. Sigh. I envy the dog sometimes, hahaha, I feel like he has it good - spoiled, lots of food, belly rubs, just lounging around all day!

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
Ummm, not really. I have a few that I speak to/see every once in a while, but we have mostly all gone our separate ways.  Of course, when Faecbook came along, it changed a lot of that & I am "friends" with several of my old classmates thru that, but we don't regularly hang out or anything. I actually need to get on there soon & start networking because our 10 year reunion is coming up next year {eek} & I'd definitely like to help with the planning. We have this alumni archive website that info is supposed to be posted on, but I have been looking & still haven't seen anything.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
Hmmm, that's a tough one. Not that I can think of right now. Sorry!

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?
When I think America - I think bald eagle, our flag & the military.  Hahaha, see what came up on my Google image search of "America" --->


5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? 

Well I'd like to get rid of all the boxes sitting upstairs waiting to be donated & I'd also like to finish up my friend's ribbon mobile for her nursery & maybe get started on another Baby J DIY project. On the 4th itself, we are going to a couple of BBQs & may even buy some fireworks to set off. My aunt said something about a fish fry over by my dad's house too, so we may swing by there, but we haven't completely decided. 

That's all I got this week - I hope everyone has a safe & wonderful 4th of July & a great weekend! I have lots more exciting stuff coming up in the next several days/next week - Baby J's name reveal, some Project Nursery updates, some updates to our summer/getting-ready-for-Baby J to do list. 'Till next time!

PS - I'm also linking up to the Trendy Treehouse link party - New Friend Friday. Hope any of you new to my blog & joining me today enjoy!

 

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a kid too. It was so fun and we didn't realize how good we had it with no responsibilities, worries, etc. And I also always say I'd love to be my cat for a couple days. Sleep, eat, and sleep even more can't be too hard of a life!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers this week. Much appreciated :)