; World of Dennifer: Clearing out the clutter!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Clearing out the clutter!

So I know in several of my previous posts about our Master Bath re-do, I have mentioned cleaning out the clutter under our sinks, like here & here. Well last night I FINALLY completed the task! Yes, yes I realize the slackerness (is this even a word?!) was running PRET-TY on high on this one. However, I got it done...please lay your eyes on the before of this area AKA Exhibit #1:

 

Super embarrassing! How did I let that clutter get THAT out of control?!  Well anyways, last night while watching my husband do all the work finishing up some of the final items for the big reveal of the bathroom, I decided to go ahead and finally tackle this project & I'm so happy I finally got it done. Behold the clean, organized afters AKA exhibit #s 2 & 3:

*my side*

*the hubbs' side*


Ahhh...so much cleaner & much much more organized! I just took some contact paper, measured it to the correct size & cut it to fit under the counters, bought the baskets from Marshalls & got rid of the junk that we had under the cabinets, but didn't ever use. Just looking at it makes me feel better!

We are nearly done with the big Master Bath project & should finish up the last few to do's in the next few days. I can't wait to share the final reveal with you guys...believe me it's worth the wait! In the mean time, I will leave you with my *updated* Master Bath project to do list (I removed the items that were previously completed):

  • Buy the mirror framing materials, prime/paint it & put it up
  • Paint second coat on vanity & do any necessary touch ups
  • Install the new faucets
  • Steam & put up the new shower curtain
  • Clean out under cabinets, put down contact paper & organize stuff into baskets
  • Clean entire bathroom
  • Assemble over toilet storage furniture & add fabric cover to glass doors
  • Put cabinets back on vanity & install new hardware
  •  **ADDED** - put up wall art purchased from Kohls & decide if additional decor touches are needed (I think they will be, but we shall see)
Almost done! Yay! :o)

2 comments:

J said...

Looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've been looking for ideas for a bath make-over, yours came up and it looks just GREAT!!! I'm now inspired!!!
Thanks,
Joanie in Lex,KY