Here is my updated list of everything I still need to get done & with a run down of my plan for the next few days leading up to T-Day & the big day (my comments in ORANGE)! You are welcome to use it too if you think it'll help you be more organized.
- Purchase cook/serve ware needed to prepare the meal. I still need a veggie scrub brush, hand held measuring cups (good for non-liquid measuring), gravy boat & possibly some extra Tupperware. Planning to purchase all of this tonight.
- Purchase any items that were not purchased in this past weekend's grocery trip.The first store we went to was out of several items I need to cook with, so on to store #2 tonight.
Write out cooking temps & time required for each dish to strategize on how/when to cook each item & in what order.
- Clean master bed & bath, vacuum upstairs bedrooms.
- Prepare cranberry sauce/relish; refrigerate.
- Clean guest bedroom, powder room, guest bathroom (in basement), basement. Main level cleaned & vacuumed this weekend!
- Make sweet potato pie; refrigerate.
- Make potato salad; refrigerate.
- Complete any left over cleaning that needs to be done.
- Hubbs picks up turkey @ 8:15am. Get up & get showered/dressed.
- Start prepping/cooking around 12:30pm: prep mac & cheese green bean casserole.
- Around 1pm - pop turkey in over to re-heat prior to serving. Possibly may be usining my friend's oven who lives across the street & who will be out of town for TG.
- Around 2pm - pop mac & cheese into oven (35 min); boil potatoes for mashed potatoes & prep yams.
- After about 10 min.of the mac & cheese cooking, lower heat to 350 degrees, then pop in green bean casserole & candied yams in for about 30 min. each.
- While those three dishes are cooking, prepare mashed potatoes & gravy (store bought with some additions).
- Have favorite sous chef (AKA - the hubbs) prepare champagne punch for adults & get kids cups filled with ice for soda.
- Serve meal & say prayer around 3:00pm-3:30pm. Eat & enjoy!
- Clean up as much as possible after eating.
Now, in keeping with the 5 week holiday challenge, here is what you should be doing to plan for the holidays this week (week 2): Create your [Christmas] LIST, BUDGET, and HOW MUCH YOU PLAN ON SPENDING PER PERSON! We need to do ALL of these things - the list is barely started!