; World of Dennifer: Man oh man...Thanksgiving is over!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Man oh man...Thanksgiving is over!

Wow. That's all I can say is wow. Thanksgiving is over - actually it was over hmmm, 3 days ago. I apologize for JUST now getting around to writing this post, but I have been extremely busy for several reasons...mainly I was cleaning & cooking non-stop until Thursday night at about 10:30pm. I am happy to report that I got all of the things on my Thanksgiving to do list done by the time the big day rolled around, got all the food cooked. And everything was huge success!

My husband's family arrived on Thursday morning about 9:30am & I hadn't started cooking the hot food yet, but I was up soooooo late on Wednesday night finishing up the MBath cleaning & general house cleaning, then the cooking of the sweet potato pie, potato salad & cranberry sauce, so I decided a little sleep in time was in order. Anyways, I got started on that stuff shortly after they left to go check in to their hotel & chill out until it was time for dinner, which I said would be served at 4pm. Guess what?!?! Everything was DONE by 4pm! That never happens in the House of Dennifer! I'm usually a little behind, so that alone makes me very happy. Second thing that makes me happy: everyone LOVED all the food I made, yay!! I was hoping everything would turn out great & I guess it did! Woot. Now, on to my holiday planning/shopping/decorating - much to the chagrin of my hubby! I was at Michaels for about an hour today stocking up on some great crafty stuff for my holiday decor! Inspiration pics coming soon to a blog near you. :o)

The CRAZIEST part of this whole weekend though....Black Friday. Yep, that's right - we braved the stores (well, store) & got my hubby his new lova:

Yep...we are now the proud owners of this lovely new 40" flat screen. The hubbs was soo happy to finally get a TV for his man cave (the basement). It was seriously one of the the craziest things I think I have ever done! We literally got to the Target parking lot @ 11:10pm. We were the only ones there, but more people started showing up by 1am & so at 1:30am, we got out of my warm, comfy Stella (my *new* SUV) & went to sit on the cold pavement in front of Target. It is probably the only thing we will be purchasing for down there for a while. And I also scored a digital photo frame for $30, so it worked out for both of us!

In other news, the master bath is DONE, but we have had a little hold up with the over toilet storage unit - a bag of dowels we needed are missing (& HD/Lowes don't carry the size we need), so we had to contact Overstock for the replacements - takes 2 business days for a response...still waiting to hear back. So, once we figure out everything with that, then the hubbs will put it up & I will finally be able to post some after pics! Worth.the.wait...believe me. My husband is summoning me upstairs since we have to be up in 5 hours for work tomorrow - ugh...the end of long weekends SUCK.

0 comments: