Before I get ahead of myself though, I need to get through Turkey Day on Thursday, so here is my updated list (completed items crossed out):
Purchase cook/serve ware needed to prepare the meal. I still need a veggie scrub brush, hand held measuring cups (good for non-liquid measuring), gravy boat & possibly some extra Tupperware. Planning to purchase all of this tonight.
- Clean master bed & bath; vacuum upstairs bedrooms.
Go past mom's house to borrow celery salt. Purchase fresh ingredients & any remaining items not purchased before.
- Prepare cranberry sauce/relish; refrigerate.
guest bedroom, powder room, guest bathroom (in basement), basement. The hubbs is in charge of the basement & bath down there.
- Freecycle items we need to get rid of.
- Wash clothes & towels.
- Make sweet potato pie; refrigerate.
- Make potato salad; refrigerate.
- Complete any left over cleaning that needs to be done; re-vacuum main level (dogs!).
- Do final ingredient check for tomorrow's dishes.
- Hubbs picks up turkey @ 8:15am. Get up & get showered/dressed.
- Set out plates, cups, napkins, cutlery, etc.
- Start prepping/cooking around 12:30pm: prep mac & cheese green bean casserole.
- Around 1pm - pop turkey in over to re-heat prior to serving. Possibly may be usining my friend's oven who lives across the street & who will be out of town for TG.
- Around 2pm - pop mac & cheese into oven (35 min); boil potatoes for mashed potatoes & prep yams.
- After about 10 min.of the mac & cheese cooking, lower heat to 350 degrees, then pop in green bean casserole & candied yams in for about 30 min. each.
- While those three dishes are cooking, prepare mashed potatoes & gravy (store bought with some additions).
- Have favorite sous chef (AKA - the hubbs) prepare champagne punch for adults & get kids cups filled with ice for soda.
- Serve meal & say prayer around 3:00pm-3:30pm. Eat & enjoy!
- Clean up as much as possible after eating.