; World of Dennifer: 14...almost 15 weeks!

Friday, May 14, 2010

14...almost 15 weeks!

Sooo, I've been a wee bit of a blog slacker this week. I apologize. Work has been INSANE. We have a new employee, I'm training a lady who transferred into my office from another part of my agency on how to do something she has never done & on top of all that, I am still playing catch up from being in training for the last two weeks in April. Then @ home, we have been doing some spring {more like early summer now :o/} cleaning - and I know I still owe you those to do lists. It has turned more from spring cleaning thing into a getting-our-house-ready-for-baby thing, so I'll re-name that list. *smiles*

I'll have sooo many more updates to tell you guys about, but I'll save that recap for this week's 5QF/weekly recap post a little later this evening, but I wanted to get up my 14 week post BEFORE tomorrow b/c then I'll be 15 weeks. Tee hee hee...yeah, I know - I'm late. So, without further adieu...here is my 14 week Baby J update:

Today I am 14 weeks 6 days pregnant & feeling pretty good overall. I still get random aches & pains in my sides, hips & ute area, but I have come to expect them daily & they don't worry me any more. It's essentially soreness in that entire area & I actually get a little paranoid when I don't feel it for too long of a time period. Yesterday though, it was a little more frequent & intense, but not severe. I'm chalking it up to growing pains &/or round ligament/sciatic nerve pain. My boobs are also still slightly sore to the touch & I get daily headaches. I have not stopped going to sleep waaay earlier than I used to; they say the tiredness *~*magically*~* goes away in the 2nd tri & I'm here to tell you - they lie, LOL.

In other news, we got the final results from our NT Scan last week & everything looks great! The geneticist said that Baby J has a 1 in 10,000 chance of being born with Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 13 or 18 - she said that was the lowest possible risk factor based on their standards. I wasn't necessarily worried about the results, since my pregnancy was considered relatively low risk for any of those genetic disorders based on my age & absence of history of any such genetic issues in either of our families, but it still feels great to hear our little one is (based on this test) healthy in there! Thank God!

According to The Bump, this week Baby J is the size of a lemon or a fist!! S/he is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, making urine & breathing in amniotic fluid as his liver, kidney & spleen continue to develop. S/he is also covered in lanugo, which is a thin hair, that grows all over a developing baby's body for warmth - stay warm in there Baby J!
I have my 16 week appointment next Friday & hopefully the baby will cooperate this time b/c I can't wait to hear his/her heartbeat for the first time (we have seen it on u/s several times, but never heard it). So far, I have resisted buying one of those at-home Doppler thingys for 2 reasons: 1) I know, if for some reason, I have trouble finding the h/b, I would freaking lose my mind & demand that I be taken to the emergency room (when my inability to find the h/b is related more likely than not to my ignorance in operating medical equipment & not b/c anything would be wrong with the babe), and 2) I'm trying to avoid spending money on unnecessary baby things. I hear 1st time parents make that mistake a lot & I'd rather "waste" my money on cute nursery stuff or baby clothes or toys, rather than on stuff that will make me more paranoid, lol. Oh & also, I'm hoping my OB will give me the go ahead to schedule the BIG ultrasound for sometime in early June! ::squeee:: Can't wait to find out if Baby J is a he or she!

And, here is my 14 week "bump"  (taken on time), which I actually think is starting to develop, woot!


Clothed Belly

Bare Belly

Look out for this week's 5QF & weekly recap in a few hours! And coming {hopefully} next week...nursery update; the hubbs painted, we have the glider/ottoman & the furniture is being delivered today!! I'm so excited & I have soooo many ideas for our LO's nursery - I'll NEED your very expert opinions on my plans for the nursery! And of course, the infamous Spring/Summer/Getting Ready for Baby J to do lists! 'Till next time.  ::smooches::

3 comments:

brokeintrovert said...

Congratulations!

Shanny said...

Glad the scan went well! and yay for a cute tiny tiny bump =)

Life Happens said...

Yay! I'm glad all the testing went well. You are glowing!