; World of Dennifer: Quick 5QF + weekly recap - 5/28

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quick 5QF + weekly recap - 5/28

Hey there everyone! Well, I did it again...I was totally planning on doing my 5QF weekly post last night, but then the hubby offered to take me shopping for maternity clothes & who turns down shopping? Then I was hungry, so we tried this yummy new (to us anyways, we had never been before) Italian place near our house - YUMMY! And then when I got home I was pooped, but I was determined to do this post, so I opened up my lap top...and passed out on the couch. LOL. I guess that's a pregnant woman for ya! But I digress, now I am here & ready to give you what you've all been waiting for (in my my mind) - this week's 5QF & weekly recap.

Well for the recap, there's not much to tell - this week was pretty uneventful. Work, home, sleep. I got Dizzle {my puppy big dog who thinks he's a baby} a much needed grooming, so that made me happy because he was a stinkin'! I also got back in the gym this week; I am determined to walk/swim at least 2-3 times per week. we pay $60 a month for my part of that membership & I'm sick of wasting money, so I'm back! Got a bunch of maternity shirts from Gap last night courtesy of my hubby {it was a birthday gift} & I even tried on the fake big belleh they provide to women trying on maternity clothes! I tried to get Dennis to take a pic of me with it on, but he refused, hahaha. But it was sooo weird seeing that big 'ol belly under my clothes, lol. I guess there will be a real one soon! The biggest news from this week is that this morning we will be going to find out what Baby J is! I scheduled an early appointment at one of those 3D/4D places...impatience is a disease. Hopefully Baby J will not take after his/her mama in that respect! I am so excited though because I haven't even told my family that we are finding out today & they are coming over for a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend, so we will tell them then! I do have one bit of bad news from this week - my dad was admitted to the hospital last night. He'll be fine, but they are saying he has diabetes - type 2. My papa is overweight & does not eat healthy or exercise...so I'm hoping he takes this as a wake up call to get healthier & lose some weight. I love him & I want him to be around for a long, long time! I hope he can make it to the BBQ on Monday because he is sooooo excited about his newest grandbaby & I know he'll wanna be there when we tell everyone the news. If he can't make it, then he'll get a phone call before the BBQ with the news. Now, let's just hope Baby J cooperates this morning!!

So, on to 5QF! If you want to participate, head on over to My Little Life & link up (and let me know if you do, I'd love to read my reader's answers)!



1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?
Yes...either bungee jumping or sky diving! I'm too much of a scardy cat to do those things & especially now since we have a little one to think about. I guess a roller coaster, jet skiing, or  para sailing will be how I get my thrills, lol. I'd also like to eventually go hot air ballooning, but that will eventually get accomplished. 


2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?
Right now?! Probably nursery stuff, haha. But I'd tell the hubbs about it. He wouldn't try to stop me, not successfully anyways, lol. He knows how excited I am about the babe so he generally just goes along with it. I have sooo many thing on my wish list for the nursery, so I could definitely spend $100 quick. After we find out what we are having we may have to take a trip back to Baby Gap too because we saw some ADORABLE things there last night (Gap Maternity is inside Baby Gap - clever buggers).

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?
What's that thingy called that that looked like a dome that you climbed on? The jungle gym? Oh, I LOVED that thing at the playground back in my day, lol.  We would spend hours at the playground when we were children - that's the problem with some of today's kids...they play video games & watch too much TV, they need to get out! My mom used to have to make us come in from playing outside. I definitely want my kid to be more active than some of the video game/TV-obsessed kids nowadays.


4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?
I like both kinds, but even with hearty I need a little something sweet even if it's just jam/jelly on toast. :)

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?

I try to be a Neat Freak, but it sometimes my house looks closer to Messy Bessy-style. I try to find a happy medium really. I know everything can't always be perfectly organized, all the time. So I don't freak out from clutter, but I do try to keep my house presentable. Lived in, but presentable. We'll see if any of that changes (I have been told it will), when the babe gets here!

I have to run off to my u/s now, then I have a graduation party later tonight, so I'll check in again later this weekend with my first Project Nursery post + Baby J's gender reveal {please cooperate today little one}!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!  'Till next time! 

0 comments: