; World of Dennifer: I love it when...

Monday, May 31, 2010

I love it when...

Target's stuff goes on clearance! LOVE. After finding out the baby's sex on Friday, the hubbs & I ran past Target to pick up some t-shirts for him & we walked out with the t-shirts + my awesome new lightweight bedding: 


So here's the deal - I had been in the market for new lightweight bedding to use in the spring & summer for a while now & while browsing aimlessly doing some essential shopping at Target a couple months ago, I saw this Dwell Studio birdie bedding & knew it would be absolutely perfect for our birdie-themed (but still very adult) Master Bedroom. But, pump 'ya brakes woman...the quilt was $70 & each sham (I'd want two total) was $25 - that's $120 total. A cost the hubbs would surely deny for an unplanned purchase. So I sadly walked away from my perfect lightweight bedding, thinking that I'd find something else...some day. Le sigh.

But on Friday, I just so happened to be back in that very same Target - this time with my hubby - and decided to take him over by the bedding to show him my perfect lightweight bedding. JUST to show him & to my pleasant surprise, those lovely red & white Target clearance stickers were on the only remaining queen-size quilt (on clearance for $48.98) & last two shams (on clearance for $17.48/each)!! Holler!

::bats big eyes at hubby, makes sad face & pleads for said bedding because it's such a good price::

So, after several minutes of deep consideration on the part of my awesome husband, he approved the purchase! Yaay! About $84 (before tax) & a quick machine washing/drying when we got home, I put my lovely bedding on our bed:


And a little closer...

So what do you think? I absolutely love the bedding & sleeping under that, rather than our heavier bedding, felt amazing last night. I can't wait to go lay in my bed again tonight! Tomorrow is Memorial Day (well I guess today now, huh?) & we are telling my family the sex at our BBQ, then I'll tell all of you! We already told the hubby's mama since she does not live around here & I told my dad because he wasn't sure he'd be able to make it to the BBQ tomorrow since he was admitted to the hospital on Friday (he got released today btw...yaaay!).  I accidentally slipped & told a friend already over the phone today, sheesh. I'm no good at keeping exciting news under wraps - or maybe I am? I'm actually a lock box of lots of interesting secrets that no one will ever know, bwahahahaha....okay, sorry for the evil laugh. Welp, hope everyone has a good one tomorrow - I am excited to have an extra day off & to remember all the heroes that have valiantly fought for our country. Project Nursery + big gender reveal coming lata this week! 'Till next time!

3 comments:

Shanny said...

That bedding is a steal! and its sooo pretty, yay for a good sale =)

I'm glad you know the gender but now I'm waiting (im)patiently for the big post... way to keep another pregnant woman on her toes...geesh!

My guess is you are having one of what I'm having, and since I'm having a boy and a girl, I know I'm not wrong! lol

Jen J. said...

Hahaha, yep definitely having at least one of what you are having! And I didn't make you wait too long. :)

Shanny said...

I do appreciate not having to wait in suspense lol