; World of Dennifer: We are on team....

Monday, May 31, 2010

We are on team....

PINK!! Our little girl was not shy at the ultrasound on Friday...she was wiggling all around it was pretty difficult for the u/s tech to even see the "goods" at first. But, eventually she got a good look & is 100% sure that we are having a little girl in November! Here's the "money" shot from the u/s on Friday:


I loved the ultrasound, but of course, I always love seeing Baby J. And by doing this (non-medical) u/s instead of attempting to move up my official anatomy scan, I still get to see her again in a couple weeks, woot! Best $75 ever spent & we got to find out what we are having a few weeks early, which has enabled me to get started on my crafting (I've already been to Michaels for the supplies for 2 of my planned projects - more on them lata :o). As you all know, I'm really into DIY crafts & decorating, so my baby girl's room will be no exception! And although I didn't pay for a 3D/4D scan, the nice tech did a few for us anyways, here's the best one - it's a top view looking down on the baby, so you can see her head, nose & a little bit of her body:


As for the hubbs - he's really excited about his little girl. I think he was in shock at first - because literally EVERYONE we knew thought it was a boy, including me. And all men want at least one son, but there's (God willing) always a next time & we are both absolutely thrilled as long as she's happy & healthy. He calls her by her name now when he rubs my belly & tells her he loves her - it literally melts my heart! She's so gonna have her daddy wrapped around her little finger & I can't wait to see him hold her for the first time. We told the rest of my family (my sisters that is; already told my dad, mom & my MIL because we knew they wouldn't be at the BBQ) today during our cookout. I baked a 2-layer cake with pink frosting inside & had my sister cut it to reveal the gender! She was so happy for us:

Wasn't my cake pretty? I was pretty proud of myself considering the fact that I'm not a baker...at all.

None of our parents could make it to the BBQ, but they are all very excited too - especially my mom who had been hoping for a granddaughter! After our 20 week anatomy scan, we'll likely go & register...I'll probably start working on a wish list of sorts soon, so please let me know if any of you mamas out there have product recommendations. My sister & a few close friends have already started planning my shower, which is set for October 2nd! I feel like everything is starting to happen so quickly & we can't wait to meet our beautiful little girl in November!

And consequently - this BIG news post happens to be my 100th! I can't believe I have made it to 100 posts already - thanks so much to all my readers for the support & for actually caring what I have to say! Time flies, haha. 'Till next time!

3 comments:

The Domestic Princess said...

Yay! How exciting

Ms. Understood said...

I already congratulated you on your little girl on the way on BB, but I thought I'd stop here and say it again. Congrats on the steal on the bedding. It looks lovely.

Shanny said...

Wooohooo team pink!!!!!

This is beyond exciting and I'm sooo glad you got the 3D/4D u/s, its soo awesome! I can't wait to see what crafty ideas you come up with, very very exciting.

And congrats on your 100th post =)