; World of Dennifer: 19 weeks - lovin' me some mangoes!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

19 weeks - lovin' me some mangoes!

I wanted to get this post out of the way for the week since I have lots coming up - including an all new Mood Board Monday (woot), a yummy spaghetti/lasagna recipe, updates on our spring/summer/getting-ready-for-Baby J list & several more Project Nursery posts.

I have continued to do research & pick the brains of friends who have recently had babies on what items they really needed/used & what they didn't. And of course, I'm still working on planning out the nursery. I keep adding cute DIY ideas to my list of things to do to decorate her room! After our 20 week ultrasound & doctor's appointment this Friday we are planning to go & register at Babies 'R Us & I'm also registering for a few things at Target as well. I'm trying to also persuade my hubby into going to Ikea next weekend to get some of the other stuff I want for her room, but we shall see about that.

According to the Bump, this week baby girl is the size a mango! The vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil & dead skin cells, coat the baby's body to protect it from the amniotic fluid. And Baby Center says this is a crucial time for the baby's development - her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. She can almost definitely hear our voice now, so we talk to her a lot & her daddy tells her he loves her every night.

I have still been feeling pretty good. Can't complain too much - of course, I have periods of discomfort & slight back pain (likely from my growing belly), but I'm a happy pregnant woman overall. The end of this week I'll be 20 weeks pregnant, which means I'm halfway done! And although I'm happy this pregnancy is going by rather quickly (mainly due to the constant worry I feel about whether the baby is doing okay in there - 1st time mama thing I think), I'm also kinda enjoying being pregnant. I love feeling her movement, which is a bit stronger now, but still pretty inconsistent. I can't wait until I really get to feel her constantly throughout the day & really can't wait till her daddy & I can feel her from out here! I'll be even happier when my bump completely comes in - my husband says I look pregnant, but I'm not so sure I do in my normal clothes - who knows?! Maybe I'm being crazy. I mean I know there is a definite difference, but it does not look like a full-on pregnant bump to me. I'm growing out of one pair of my original maternity jeans - when I bought them, I knew they were only intended for use during the first & second trimesters, but I really thought they'd last at least most of the way thru my 2nd tri! I'm thinking about getting a prenatal massage soon, I just need to find a reputable place in our area that does them - I bet that'll feel amazing!

Here are my 19 week bump photos - I think I see a pretty big difference from last week & others are definitely starting to notice my belly. This week my {drunk} hubby (as a result of the wedding we attended last night) wanted to get in on the bump photo action, so there are a few extras:

Messing around with the hubbs, lol.

Clothed Belly

Bare Belly

And that's all I got for this week. Hopefully baby girl will look perfect & we'll get some good ultrasound pics this Friday! 'Till next time!

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Yay little mango!
I definitely see a difference from before girl, its an adorable tiny bump =)
The pics with the hubs are cute!

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Cute pics, Congrats to you and hubby.


Lisa