; World of Dennifer: 20 Weeks - halway there baby!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

20 Weeks - halway there baby!

Well now that I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant, I thought I'd post my 20 week update! I have been in major buying mode lately. Lets see, recently I purchased this awesome Bumble Collection Diaper Bag for 50% off the retail value, which normally is valued around $110!!



I got in on Baby Steals for $55 & they ship sooo quick, I got my bag in like 2 days & it's so roomy & adorable! If you are a mama or soon-to-be-mama or even if you are in the market for a friend or relative's baby shower gift, then you MUST check out this website daily. I am obsessed with it now - I even set up an alarm on my phone to alert me 5 minutes prior to the daily steal posting!

I also recently purchased a cute little MiYim all natural pure cotton puppy dog toy for the baby & a sweet chocolate & pink Luxe Baby stroller blanket on Zulily, which an awesome discount website that has daily discounts on designer stuff for moms, babies & kids {full disclosure: if you sign up on the website using that link, I get a $10 credit to my account the first time you buy something...being the thrifty person I am, I'd love for you to use that link to register & if you see something you like can't live w/o, go ahead and buy something & I'd REALLY appreciate the $10 credit! I am not given your information & vice versa for you signing up thru that link}.



And, the great news is - I got them all for majorly cheaper than I would have paid had I bought them at their retail prices. In fact, I probably wouldn't have bought them at their retails prices - you know, being the thrifty mama I am. :o)

Other items I am currently lusting over on Zulily, that I will likely buy after running it by the hubbs:

This adorable Jen Jen little dress that retails for $44-$52 - on Zulily for $24!

This cute little Empress Arts organic froggy toy that retails at $20 for $11.50

I love buying stuff for her! And she kicks me every time I second guess a potential purchase, so I know she wants it, hehehehe. She's already getting everything she wants!

Anywho, enough already about my baby-buying obsession, on to the actual baby update! This week marks the halfway point in my pregnancy, woot! Soooo extremely excited to get here! We had our 20 week anatomy scan this past Friday & it was amazing. I was literally in heaven sitting there watching our little girl rolling around in there up on the screen for a little over an hour. I had to change positions & go pee like 4 times during the ultrasound so that the tech could get all the correct measurements. They looked at her brain, heart, hands, feet & several other major organs. According to the Bump, the baby is the size of a cantaloupe or about 10.6 oz! At our ultrasound, the tech estimated based on her head & tummy that she is about 11 oz., so she's just a wee bit ahead, which is all good with her mama. Here are the best of the best of the shots we got from this past Friday's ultrasound:

Profile

Top view of her face with her hands right next to her face

Cute shot of her leg, ankle, foot, thigh & little booty!

I had an OB appointment immediately following & her heart was beating at about 150 bpm (the ultrasound tech said 153 bpm, which I believe is a bit more accurate than the Doppler my OB uses). I met another one of the doctors at my practice, Dr. G - now I have met all three - and I LOVE her. She's so energetic & very very nice! She told me that I should probably get registered for breastfeeding & childbirth classes + any others I wanted to take soon because they fill up quickly in my area. The hubbs and I have also decided to do an infant CPR class - you know, just in case....you never know when those skills will come in handy, even if not with your own child. She also told me that I was doing awesome on my weight gain, which is about 11 lbs. (since 8 weeks when they first saw me at their office), but I think there's another 3 lbs. that I gained before 8 weeks. So my grand total is about 14 lbs., which according to my books, is completely healthy & normal & my doctor confirmed that on Friday. Did I mention I love her?! She also told me a new OB (woman) is joining the practice next month & will be delivering by the time I go into labor, so that I'll need to meet her at some point soon too. Next month is the last of my monthly appointments, then I move to twice monthly, which is just another milestone that brings us closer to meeting our precious baby girl in November!

One interesting & somewhat shocking (to me anyways) development - my left ankle was pretty swollen yesterday. I noticed it while working out at the gym - I had capri workout pants on & I looked down to see a left cankle. I was pretty concerned, so I went home and left a message for the triage nurse at my OB's office. She called back pretty quick - asked if I had any headaches or blurred vision, both of which I did not, so she said it's probably due to the hot/humid summer we are having here in the DC Area. She said it happens to a lot of women in their practice because of the heat & humidity in this area & that I should stay off my feet as much as possible & rest with my ankle elevated to relieve the swelling. By this morning, it looked much better - just a little swollen still.

So yeah, I'm trucking right along & baby girl is starting to move a little bit more everyday, which I absolutely live for. It even startles me sometimes how hard she kicks or punches or whatever she's doing in there to her mama. I can't wait till its even more regular & something I can count every couple of hours. Here are my 20 week bump shots (taken actually at 20w1d b/c I forgot to take them on Saturday):

Clothed Belly

Bare Belly

No mistaking the bump nowadays, which of course I LOVE, but I am thinking will be a bit rough this hot & humid summer. :o/ you know what that means right? Stock up on cute maternity clothes, lol. That's all I got for this week on Baby J - sorry this was so long! 'Till next time!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

YOUR HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! yah!! i'm so incredibly happy for you!! :-)

Carrie said...

The bump is sooooooo cute! You look great! I totally understand the baby buying spree. It's such a fun thing to do and a way to connect until you get to meet her.

I grabbed your blog button, too-- so glad you have one now!

Jen J. said...

Thanks ladies!

Jess - your little dress you made that I won is just waiting in our little girl's closet for her to wear - I'll be sure to send you a pic when she has it on!!

Carrie - I am so so honored that you grabbed my button, thanks for all the support!

Life Happens said...

Congrats for making it to the half way point! You got such great deals on all those baby things. She is going to be one stylish baby girl!