As a reminder, I split up our list into several sections to better organize the list. I'm really type-A and love to organize & then organize again, lol.
- Part I: exterior of the house - front & back yard, back deck & patio.
- Part II: main level - entryway, living room, kitchen
- Part III: upper level - both bedrooms (including closets), bathroom, attic
- Part IV: lower level - basement, basement bath, under stairs storage area, utility storage area, laundry room.
Front Yard To Do's:
- Possibly remove tree completely (need HOA approval to do this).
Pull up weeds in flower beds & around tree. Plant annuals & re-mulch.
- Get house
& stairs power washed.
- Look for & purchase an outdoor dining set (we currently have a cheapo plastic set).
- Get deck power washed.
- Re-stain & seal the deck.
Back Yard & (lower level) Patio To Do's:
This area has also undergone a complete transformation! We used the same contractor to lay sod in theback that did the front yard & they did an amazing job back here as well. Again, my husband deserves the credit for the up-keep of this area - without him, our little bit less than $300 sod investment (for the front and back yards), would have most likely gone to waste.
Get sod laid surrounding the patio.
- Clean under the deck area, get rid of any debris in that area.
Fix exterior water spout (it has never worked since we bought the house; but we need it for the sod!!
- Buy a small sitting/bistro set for the patio.
In other news, I have been accumulating (read: shopping like crazy) sooooo much cute baby stuff that I need to devote a separate post just to that! This week is sure to be hectic as well since my little sister is graduating from high school & my nephew's 2nd birthday is this week, but I have several posts lined up including the rest of the house spring cleaning updates, a new project nursery post & of course, my weekly pregnancy post. Lots going on over in the World of Dennifer. So, what about you? Have you completely finished your spring cleaning, or do you still have lots to do?! Please tell me I'm not alone in being a spring cleaning slacker!